Monday, October 8, 2012

Where can I get a job?

My first job was at Dunkin' Donuts, and I got fired for something I didn't do after a mere 4 months.
After that, I held 2 paying jobs, but they both were temporary/seasonal. Those 2 jobs didn't know I got fired though.

After a whole year since Dunkin' Donuts, I've yet to get a permanent part-time job. I've applied to Subway, Stop & Shop, 3 Petsmart stores, Burger King, 3 Petco stores, a different Dunkin' Donuts restaurant, Papa Gino's, Whole Foods, a hospital as a cafe cashier, 2 CVS stores, Nordstrom, Bed, Bath, and Beyond, Barnes & Nobles, Home Goods, my local bank that I had a connection in, and several others I can't think of.

I was able to get 2 interviews at one Petsmart store but they didn't want me, and an interview at Bed Bath, but they never called me back after the first interview.

Why can't I get a job? Where am I suppose to make money? I have college loans to pay. Please give me some suggestions. I'm 18 years old.

Also keep in mind all of those stores I applied to WERE hiring and still are…

After the 2nd interview at Petsmart, which I worked extremely hard to get that far, they told me "If we chose you, we will call you. If we don't call, we chose someone else so don't call."
If they don't call after you applied, they don't want you. And since I got fired, it's final. Nobody wants me to do their worthless minimum wage job.

Also, job employers do background checks and WILL find out if you were ever fired. They also ask flat out in the application if you've ever been fired.
>>> Where can I get a job?