Thursday, November 22, 2012

Best way to lighten wood stain?

Ok, I have been staining all of my trim and base boards (all pine) with a cherry oak stain and have been extremely happy with the color. I have finally gotten around and tackled the long and tedious project of refinishing the front door(un shure of the wood) and put only one coat on and the color is really, really, dark. I worked on these doors for a week straight sanding all the nooks and detailed trim and am so bummed out with the darkness of the color. I haven't dared to put any clear sealer on it yet, so hopefully there are still some options. Does any one know a way to lighten it up a bit? Please tell me some amazing idea witch hopefully doesn't include having to sand and strip it down all over again :)
>>> Best way to lighten wood stain?