Sunday, November 18, 2012

Nook Tablet won't charge?

I've had my nook tablet for almost a year now, and it's worked just fine until recently.
A couple days ago, my tablet randomly started freezing and I'd have to restart it, I deleted the apps that it was happening too, thinking it was a defective app.
However, two days ago, i left my nook charging during the night, and when i woke up the next morning, it refused to turn on.
My school books are on there, so it really bothered me, but nevertheless I left it at home, thinking that maybe it just needed a break, since i was on it all the time. I left it unplugged.
When i came home, it still would not turn on, so i plugged it back in, but the little window that says "Please wait an additional fifteen minutes" or whatever, didn't even pop up.
I left it alone for the rest of the night.
Yesterday morning, i tried to turn it back on, but nothing still showed up.
My mother plugged it into her computer and started it through the USB cord.
Now a little red window pops up that says "Battery too low to power ON, please connect to your charger."
So, i plugged it in and left it alone, but this morning it still wouldn't turn on. I started to ask around, because although it is mine, occasionally my dad will watch movies on it, my mom will play games, and my twin brother and sister like to play with it when i'm not home.
Well, I have just been informed that my sister broke the right headphone on my headphones off, so the wires were showing. When my nook died, they couldn't find the powercord, so they thought that sticking the wires in the charging area of my nook would charge it, like the battery on a car (yeah, smart thinkers.).
I figure that's what messed it up and since they did it a while ago, i figured that's why it kept freezing and such, because it was slowly becoming broken.
I just want to know if there is anyway to fix it at home or anything without having to take it to best buy to pay for it to get fixed. Or at least if there is anyway for someone to tell my if they know what exactly is messed up inside of the tablet (the whole system, just the charging area… etc.).
Anything anyone can tell me about how to fix it or just what is wrong would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks!
>>> Nook Tablet won't charge?