Thursday, January 17, 2013

I need a new part time job after school?

SHORT VERSION
I work at Wendy's after school and the hours i have (5pm-11ish pm, four days a week) are making me tired all of the time and my grades at school have gone down a little. Should I quit, and if so, what places might be able to give me reasonable hours.like 5-9pm or 10pm?

LONG VERSION
I recently got my first job at Wendy's, where my twin sister works (I'm a guy so we're fraternal twins). She helped me get the job, however the Wendy's is VERY understaffed and they hire pretty much anybody who comes in. Anyway, I've been there for 5 weeks now working from 5pm-11:30pm, 4 days a week, after school, and I very much dislike working their (angry customers, etc.) I take my schoolwork very seriously and, because of my hours, I'm always tired (I find myself almost falling asleep in class, which I've never done before) and my grades have gone down a little. I never have time to study catch up on work (and Exams are next week).My friend works at a Food Lion and says he works 5-9pm four days a week. I'd be perfectly happy working less hours and making less money, but my parents (mostly my dad) want me to work, and he talks about how "that's what its like in the real world." I'm not a lazy person, i do work on my school stuff at home, it's not like i put things off and watch TV all afternoon, and i don't really have a need for a job. I just really want to have more time for school. Would it be a good idea to quit? If so, what places can I apply where i can work until 9pm or 10pm?

BY THE WAY I'M 16 YEARS OLD, 17 YEARS OLD NEXT MONTH

POSSIBLE OPTIONS SO FAR:
Cracker Barrel
Food Lion (the one my friend works at isn't hiring)
An arcade at the mall
Barnes & Noble
Gamestop?
>>> I need a new part time job after school?