Tuesday, May 27, 2014

How likely am I to be hired at Barnes and noble?

I just turned 16 a few days ago and applied for Barnes and noble today. It will be my first real job, aside from babysitting and doing some volunteer work. I don't have retail experience but I do know a lot about the product. I read a lot and know a lot about books. I also want to be a writer and I think that the job would help with knowing the book selling business. (I put that all in my resume/application. My stepmom also reviews my resume (she's extremely smart about stuff like that and even helps college students with their resumes) and she told me my resume was extremely impressive especially for a first time and only tweaked a few words around and she said it was better than some college students she has reviewed) i have heard it's hard to get a job there at 16 and I don't have the most prestigious grades. (as in I'm a b-c student not a straight A) I do have a lot of availability though because I am not in sports and the clubs I'm in are during school or only like 30 minutes at the end of the day once a week. I also really want the job and I know some people apply just because. So I was just curious as to what my chances of getting the job, or receiving an interview would be? And how long I should wait before I either take action or apply elsewhere/at another store?

Read more: How likely am I to be hired at Barnes and noble?