Wednesday, May 21, 2014

How to help a special ed student with addition?

In one of my classes we go and tutor kids. The teacher has decided for some bizzare reason that I would a great fit for special ed kids. First I was dumped in the class with one special ed kid, and now Ive been moved to a class at my highschool that is exclusively for the special ed kids.

I'm supposed to help the kids do two digit adition-so like 25+14 and I don't know if its the kid I'm tutoring that can't do addition or if I'm not explaining it right. If anyone has any experience with this kind of thing I'd appreciate help. I feel retarded just sitting there watching the student stare at me like I'm speaking another language.

I've been assigned to two kids. One can speak, the other can't

Read more: How to help a special ed student with addition?