Monday, July 7, 2014

Coaxing a cat out of hiding?

My cat escaped into the basement (lots of nooks and crannies in the walls for her to hide in) and I can't seem to find her. She has been very sick recently and is on antibiotics and pain meds so it's important we get her out pretty soon so she can get those into her at the right time. Her pain medication should be wearing out right about now which will likely make her more unwilling to come out.

Unfortunately. We ended up needing to hammer a door off its hinges to get into the other section of the basement which I know likely just scared her more and even after all that we couldn't find her. We're giving her a few hours to calm down and hopefully come out of her own accord, but besides leaving out food for her is there any way to coax her out of hiding?
Added (1). Yeah that's our concern. I don't think she's quite at "dying" level yet because she had perked up considerably. I'd feel MUCH better if she was up here with me though. I'm not going to be able to rest until she is.
Added (2). She went days without eating at all and was completely lethargic and refusing to move or acknowledge anything that happened around her. If she reverts back to that then honestly all hope is lost…

Read more: Coaxing a cat out of hiding?