Saturday, June 15, 2013

What would you do in this situation?

About a year ago, my mom found out I was reading 50 Shades of Grey, so she took it away from me. I thought that was the end and that she wouldn't bring it up again, but a few days later I overheard her and my sister talking about me. They'd keep making references to BDSM and find subtle ways to call me a whore or a pervert.

Examples: They hate the Vampire Diaries, but I love it. They just so happened to walk in while I was watching that episode where one of the characters was chained up and tortured and then my sister said "Of course she'd be watching THAT". That same day while my mom fixed my hair, she and my sister started complaining about how teenagers were having sex too early. Mom said TV and books were to blame. "Just look at how this one turned out" The most recent example was a few weeks ago. I had the stomach flu and fell asleep in the middle of the day. When I woke up, my book shelf was missing dozens of books.My sister told me that she and Mom went through them for any inappropriate content and were giving them to Goodwill. Then they made me get dressed for church, saying that I needed Jesus more than anyone else in this house did. I had to sit (and partially stand) through at least 7 songs, 4 testimonies, 5 prayers, 9 bible readings, and a near hour-long sermon, holding in vomit and diarrhea.

They've almost stopped, and I was willing to forget about the past year completely until last week my mom and I went to Barnes and Noble. She bought 50 Shades, thinking I wouldn't see it hidden under her other book. After all the ridicule and all the lectures on how I'd wind up with STDs and go to hell for getting into S&M, she bought the same book.

I'm not as angry as I am hurt. Should I ignore it or should I say something? To the parents, what would you do in this situation?

См. статью: What would you do in this situation?